Councilwoman Joseph has the 5 following priorities for 2022 (notes for context). Not all items were included in the official council workplan.
Homeless services tax
Implement a homelessness tax like the one in Denver to fund service expansion, including a day shelter.
Create an election commission or task force to review, recommend, and establish procedures for municipal elections.
(Joseph did not have any particular policy proposals)
Planning reserve study
(Boulder owns 500 acres north of the city, set aside for parks land and future development. A study would reveal the feasibility of adding this land into city limits.)
Livable wage for city residents
(Joseph was a fan of the push for a higher minimum wage in Boulder or the county. Plans were abandoned with the start of the pandemic.)
Joseph’s 2020 priorities:
- CU South
- Vision Zero
- Financial review
- Open Space management
- A utility that would be owned by the city of Boulder. Shorthand for municipalization, which is the p...
- Intergovernmental Relations
- Boards and commissions
- Bilingual emergency communications
- Enhance housing choice: planning reserve
- Enhance housing choice: community benefit
- Improve human services
- Protect small businesses